July 2013- Present- Freelance EHS professional on Elance, Freelancer, Odesk and Guru.com
• Provide contract services to various international companies to research and create EHS training materials, web blogs etc.
5/2009-6/2012 Timken Company Mesa, AZ
Senior Environmental Health and Safety Analyst
• Responsible for two primary sites and one site on a consulting basis for all EHS programs.
• Managed site EHS team development to drive safety culture and procedures.
• Successfully closed out several pending actions with regulatory agencies so no penalties were assessed.
• Developed an MSDS review process
• Developed and provided all EHS training for employees. Managed and maintained RCRA hazardous waste program, air and water permits.
• Designed and maintained Job Safety Analysis program
• Performed ergonomic assessments, and developed solutions.
• Managed all maintenance staff and temporary maintenance technicians at two locations and an EHS Professional at the Tucson site during production, and the eventual shutdown of the facility.
6/2006-5/2009 Honeywell Deer Valley Phoenix, AZ
Health, Safety and Environmental Professional
• Responsible for the environmental programs for three sites, including air, water and waste permitting.
• Interfaced and lead site management with an HSE Leadership Council.
• Assessed regulatory compliance and implemented training programs for three sites.
• Reviewed chemicals for compliance to site permits and regulations.
• Drove site’s environmental efforts including recycling and pollution prevention programs.
• Performed incident investigations for factory segments and drove safety culture
• Helped acquire certification and maintained VPP site programs.
• Participated as an auditor in concert with the Corporate Audit team
4/2006-6/2006 Maricopa County Air Quality Phoenix, AZ
Large Source Air Quality Compliance Officer
• Responsible for inspecting Title V and Synthetic Minor permittees in Maricopa County, for compliance to air quality regulations.
• Prepare reports, and assessments of compliance.
• Respond to County resident complaints regarding Large Sources.
• Member of Safety Committee for Compliance group.
10/2000 – 4/2006 STMicroelectronics, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
Environmental Management Engineer
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining all corporate and regulatory compliance
• Manage all aspects of compliance to air, wastewater, and hazardous waste permitting.
• Ensure adherence to the site Environmental Management System under ISO/EMAS requirements, as well as OHSAS 18000
• Maintained all environmental databases to facilitate audits.
• Drive revenue up by researching and designing specialized waste management/recycling efforts tailored to meet company needs and corporate policies while cutting costs.
• Increased the site’s recycling rate by more than thirty percent.
• Lead several pollution prevention teams
• Advise and support the Safety Department for training, tool sign offs, construction safety etc.
• Managed the Chemical Authorization process
• Emergency Response Team Incident Commander during hazardous incidents.
• Participated as an auditor with the Corporate Audit team
10/1999 - 10/2000 STMicroelectronics, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
• Managed site data involving waste management, audits, EMAS/ISO documents, air and water permits. Also managed Trip Reduction, and other data for compliance with regulations
• Designed automated database dedicated to the management of waste, chemical and power data, allowing the company to streamline processes and save cost.
• Designed and implemented a one step database for Trip Reduction data, and managed the program, which allowed the company to easily assess cost.
• Performed site compliance inspections and follow-up on corrective actions.
6/1999 - 10/1999 Innovative Waste Utilization Phoenix, AZ
• Performed lab analysis on incoming hazardous waste loads to determine acceptance into facility. Performed several steps of waste handling paperwork (manifests etc.)
• Designed a one step database to manage all lab sampling results, and reporting functions.
5/1997 - 5/1999 Earth’s 911 (1800CLEANUP) Phoenix, AZ
National Database Director
• Managed and designed database and structure of telephony projects, designed specialized hotline sections and assisted in their implementation, managed seven employees for daily operations, special projects on the database, and general database and telephony maintenance.
• Coordinated with various state, county and local agencies on special projects.
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management, University of Findlay, Four year Degree Extension Program at Paradise Valley Community College
Associate of Applied Science in Hazardous Materials Technology, Paradise Valley Community College,
Six Sigma Green Belt
DOT and RCRA Certification
You may also view my resume on Indeed.com and